Monday, June 23, 2014

City of Manila at 443!



Today is a Holiday! Yippee!!!

In celebration of the 443rd Foundation Day of Manila, the city government of Manila declared June 24, 2014 as a Special Non-Working Holiday, as stated in Proclamation No. 766 issued by the Office of the President. Therefore, NO CLASSES and OFFICES today ( except of course for some private companies). 

Here is a copy of the Proclamation:


To celebrate this occasion, the City Government of Manila prepared a lot of activities for the benefit and enjoyment of all Manileños, which have started as early as June 16!


The city government set up a mini carnival at the Bonifacio Shrine with the theme - Karnabal sa Maynila at Peryahan. Games and rides are available in the area. Of course,there are likewise performances by different magicians, to the delight of the Manileños!

There was also an "ati-atihan" competition happening since last week at the quadrangle of the city hall, I am just not sure if winners have already been chosen. :)

And of course, happening on three main shopping malls of Manila ( SM City Manila, SM Lazaro and Tutuban Shopping Mall) are the mall wide sales happening from as early as June 20 and will last until today.



There are really great items on sale as I visited SM Manila last Friday. But what I was really excited about are the Value Packs offered at the Supermarket for all SM Advantage card holders! 

Here are the value packs I've bought: 


There is really much savings with these value packs! :)

There is one more thing that every Manileños should be excited with and must take advantage with, because happening only today, every Manileños are entitled for a FREE Admission at the Manila Zoo, Manila Museum,Museo Pambata,etc. 

And of course, everyone should not miss the Grand Coronation Night of Miss Manila at the Philippine International Convention Center at 6:00 PM. I believe everyone is excited to know who will win the crown. I was able to personally see some of the candidates last Friday, and I think everyone deserves to own the title because they are all beautiful ( ooh, I just love their heights! :D )! 

Good luck to all contestants! Good luck also to all Manileños! I hope they will all really have fun today. As for me, I'm gonna enjoy this much deserve vacation at the comfort of my home! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Blog Archive