Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Visit to SSS

Today is the feast of The Black Nazarene. And as expected, a lot of devotees were scattered along the area near Rizal Park and the Manila City Hall.  Public utility vehicles are no longer allowed to pass by the Manila City Hall. As I was walking, it suddenly just crossed my mind to visit Social Security System (SSS) Manila Branch to verify and update my contribution. Actually, this plan has long been due. Whenever I got the chance, I would drop by at SSS, but it was always full. And I am just glad that I checked them out today. There are almost no client today! There were only three of us when I walked in, and I was immediately entertained. So happy!

Upon verifying, I have learned that as of the moment, I only have 62 months of contribution. Since I started serving the government, I was no longer able to pay my monthly SSS contributions. Sayang naman, that is why I really wanted to update my contribution. I still have to make 58 deposits more for me to be eligible of the SSS Retirement Benefits

Here are some information about the SSS Retirement Benefits:

What is the Retirement Benefit?

It is a cash benefit either in monthly pension or lump sum paid to a member who can no longer work due to old age.

Who May Qualify for a Retirement Benefit?

1. A member who is 60 years old, separated from employment or ceased to be self-employed, and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
2. A member who is 65 years old whether employed or not and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
3. For Underground Mineworkers:
   a. Has reached the age of 55 years old and is an underground mineworker  for at least 5 years (either continuous or accumulated) prior to the semester of retirement but whose actual date of retirement is not earlier than March 13, 1998; separated from employment or in the case of self-employed, has ceased self-employment, and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
   b. Has reached the age of 60 years old whether employed or not.

What are the Types of Retirement Benefits?

1. Monthly pension - is a lifetime cash benefit paid to a retiree who has paid at least 120 monthly contributions to the SSS prior to the semester of retirement, whether employed or not.
2. Lump sum amount - is granted to a retiree who has not paid the required 120 monthly contributions. It is equal to the total contributions paid by the member and by the employer including interest.
To know more about this benefit and the other benefits of being a member of SSS, visit their branches. And if you are within the area of SSS Manila branch, you may want to take advantage too of this chance to visit their office and experience a totally hassle free and convenient transaction! :D
MANILA

Address
YMCA Compound, 350 Arroceros St., Ermita, Manila

Tel.Nos.
Tel. Nos. 527-5433 * 527-5488 * 528-0709 * 302-6647 * 525-2964 Fax No. 528-0694

Officer in Charge
Branch Head: Amelia A. Guillermo
Email Address: manila@sss.gov.ph 
You may also check their website on this link: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/portal/home.




My Number Stub



Happy Feast of the Black Nazarene everyone!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Blog Archive